Activate Hashems Promise To Protect Eretz Yisrael

Topic Details and Replies

• Partners in Prayer 3 months ago

Hashem promises special protection to Klal Yisrael.  “No Man will desire to attack your land”…

שָׁלֹשׁ פְּעָמִים בַּשָּׁנָה יֵרָאֶה כׇּל־זְכוּרְךָ אֶת־פְּנֵי הָאָדֹן  יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵ-י יִשְׂרָאֵל, Three times a year all your males shall appear before The Master, Hashem Elokey Yisrael.

כִּי־אוֹרִישׁ גּוֹיִם מִפָּנֶיךָ וְהִרְחַבְתִּי אֶת־גְּבֻלֶךָ וְלֹא־יַחְמֹד אִישׁ אֶת־אַרְצְךָ בַּעֲלֹתְךָ לֵרָאוֹת אֶת־פְּנֵי יְ-הֹ-וָ-ה אֱלֹהֶ-יךָ שָׁלֹשׁ פְּעָמִים בַּשָּׁנָה, For I will drive out nations from before you, and expand your borders; no man will desire to attack your land when you go up to appear before Hashem, Elokecha, three times in the year.[1]

How do we activate such a promise of protection, based on the Malbim?  By accessing the special gifts Hashem granted us represented by Pesach, Shavuos and Sukkos.

• Pesach, we learned that Hashem redeemed us from slavery, and Hashem then empowered us, through serving Him. (Avadim to Hashem).
      • Shavuos, we received the Torah, and recognized Hashem as The Creator and Source of Existence for all. (Torah)
      • On Sukkos we experienced Hashem’s Protection with clouds; protecting us from all of our enemies. (Annanei Hakavod) [2]

When looking closely at the names of Hashem listed in the first Pasuk, there are three names of Hashem.

• הָאָדֹן, The Master. (2) Hashem, Who is Infinite [Haya Hove Viyihiye] (3) Elokei Yisrael, The One Who empowers Yisrael.

It is possible to understand the name הָאָדֹן, The Master, as the Name of Hashem relating to Pesach in this context. It is when Hashem redeemed us from slavery, and taught us how to master ourselves, by becoming Avadim to Hashem.  Namely through our  Avodah (between us Hashem) which can be through prayer.

The name, יְ-הֹ-וָ-ה, Hashem,  relates to Har Sinai, when we received the Torah, and recognized Hashem as The Creator of all, Who is infinite.

The name, אֱלֹהֵ-י יִשְׂרָאֵל, Elokei Yisrael,  is related to the clouds and Aharon Hakohen.   Aharon Hakohen represented Shalom. I think it is when we  incorporate our  Avodas Hashem, Torah and apply it vertically, and horizontally, between people, thus creating a world of Unity.  It is when we are Klal Yisrael illuminating the world.

We can use in our davening, to  reveal these Attributes of Hashem, by internalizing these parts of us in our hearts.

When we daven Shmone Esrei, we daven to Hashem in the same order of the Names of Hashem listed in the Pasuk.

We start with the Name of , Ado-nai (הָאָדֹן), We then find the other two names in the first Brachah that immediately follows of Avos, when we say,  Hashem, Elokeinu.

Therefore, I think we can bring these gifts to our Amidah tefillah, not as a request, but instead by thanking, acknowledging,  and praising  Hashem for them.  I imagine we can have in mind to make it a moment of “when you go up to appear before Hashem, Elokecha, three times in the year”.

• We can remind ourselves that,  Hashem is OUR REDEEMER, and praise Him for redeeming us by acknowledging Him as “My Master”, Who allows us to serve Him with our prayers, and therefore we are already redeemed! As, we say; אֲדֹ-נָי שְׂפָתַי תִּפְתָּח וּפִי יַגִּיד תְּהִלָּתֶֽךָ, My Master, open my lips, and my mouth will declare Your praise.
      • בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה יְ-הֹ-וָ-ה, Blessed are You Hashem. Hashem, You are our Creator, The One Who allowed us to live infinitely through Torah.
      • אֱלֹהֵֽ-ינוּ, Our Elokim.  The One Who watches over us, Who is Mashgiach over Klal Yisrael, Who rests His Shechina amongst a unified Klal Yisrael; Who expresses His Kavod through Klal Yisrael, as He did with His Annanei Hakavod.

May Klal Yisrael access these three gifts of Avodah, Torah, and Annanei Hakavod; for the promise of “For I will drive out nations from before you, and expand your borders; no man will desire to attack your land”.

[1] Shemos, 34:23-24

[2] Malbim, Shemos, 34:23-24

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah strategies Activate Hashems Promise To Protect Eretz Yisrael

• You must be logged in to create new topics.