Overpowering Yishmael; Shira of Redemption

Topic Details and Replies

• Michal 6 months ago

Shira of Redemption

I was thinking about how many beautiful things we see in people, our nation, and the miracles of Hashem and thought it would be appropriate to point out and respond with as Shirah, as did Klal Yisrael when they left Mitzrayim, as are all the words of Tehillim, from our master, our Rebbie, Dovid Hamelech.

As I started to write down all the good we have seen; the Chesed of Hashem and in people, I realized there are so many beautiful things happening Baruch Hashem, and I have no idea how to write them all, but invite all to share how you see the Hand of Hashem in all we are going through, to praise Him and biezras Hashem create an eternal Shira together in these moments as our response to these times; for a world of Tov overpowering the Ra , for a world of Kiddush Hashem as Dovid Hamelech expresses and directs us so beautifully.

I chose a few verses from Tehillim that I thought were appropriate and helpful in gaining clarity and how to focus our energy to the current situation.

בְּיָדְךָ עִתֹּתָי הַצִּילֵנִי מִיַּד־אוֹיְבַי וּמֵרֹדְפָי, [The times that pass over me][1], and through your orders

and decrees, save me from the hand of my enemies and pursuers.[2]
      הָאִירָה פָנֶיךָ עַל־עַבְדֶּךָ הוֹשִׁיעֵנִי בְחַסְדֶּךָ, Illuminate Your Face to Your servant and provide salvation, in Your Chesed!

The Malbim explains : You should offer salvation to me with revealed Hashgacha that all shall see Your Face and Your Hashgacha, and with Your Chesed that has no limit; so it should be a Kiddush Hashem. [3]

הוֹרֵנִי ה׳ דַּרְכֶּךָ וּנְחֵנִי בְּאֹרַח מִישׁוֹר לְמַעַן שׁוֹרְרָי, Teach me Hashem Your Ways, lead me in a straight path, because of my enemies.  The Ibn Ezra states that one who wants to win over enemies should increase Avodas Hashem.[4]

הוֹדוּ לַה׳ כִּי־טוֹב כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ, Acknowledge, give thanks to Hashem, for He is Good and His Chesed is eternal![5]

I want to focus on Hashem’s Clouds of Glory as one of the expressions of Hashem I am noticing.  I also want to say the unity of Klal Yisrael and the tremendous efforts and good I think is breathtaking.  I am also noticing how Hashem has numerous messengers, vehicles of Tov He provides us as well, an idea that the Pele Yoetz teaches in many places of his sefer.

Clouds of Glory: I think we have been seeing the revelation of the Annanei Hakavod, The Clouds of Glory, just as we had them  in the desert, ( which was in the Zechus of Aharon Hakohen who was a Rodef Shalom, a pursuer of Shalom. Perhaps the clouds are revealed based on our unity and shalom we have,  and the more we strengthen ourselves with unity the more we will see the clouds biezras Hashem.)

Rabeinu Bachya teaches the cloud which traveled a three-days’ march ahead of the people would cause all snakes and other harmful creatures in the path of the Israelites to die”[6]

Here are some of the things I noticed and found happening this week that I want to acknowledge and thank Hashem and his people, and the different messengers, and vehicles he uses to protect us and is with us very specifically and in incredible ways.

(1) Israel-Gaza live updates: Israeli forces strike over 100 Hamas targets overnight. Israel said its overnight airstrikes killed a Hamas operative in the Gaza Strip.[7]
      חִזְקוּ וְאִמְצוּ אַל־תִּירְאוּ וְאַל־תַּעַרְצוּ מִפְּנֵיהֶם כִּי  ה׳ אֱלֹקֶיךָ הוּא הַהֹלֵךְ עִמָּךְ לֹא יַרְפְּךָ וְלֹא יַעַזְבֶךָּ, Be courageous and brave; be not afraid, neither be alarmed at them, for the Divine Presence of the Eternal your Almighty leads you. He will not fail you in time of war, nor forsake you in time of peace to protect you against the surrounding enemies.[8]  The Ibn Izra says we are able to have the strength once we know that Hashem goes with us into battle. Hashem promised us this.

הוֹדוּ לַה׳ כִּי־טוֹב כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ, Thank You Hashem!

(2) A barrage of about 30 rockets was fired at Mount Dov in northern Israel[9], and there were no casualties. The IDF retaliated with artillery fire towards Lebanon and killed a unit of terrorists that was shooting mortar shells towards Israel. The Israeli army said on Wednesday it had “thwarted a terrorist cell” in Lebanon.Thank You Hashem!

הוֹדוּ לַה׳ כִּי־טוֹב כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ,  Thank You Hashem!

(3) US Navy destroyer in Red Sea shoots down cruise missiles potentially headed toward Israel: Pentagon Thursday[10]

Thank You Hashem for sending us help, and the ability to see the weapons and destroy them before ever coming near Your children.

(4) In response to recent hostilities against Hamas, Israel has initiated the rapid implementation of the Iron Beam laser air defense system, as reported several sources.[11]

Thank You Hashem for providing the Iron Dome and Iron Beam now ; Your Clouds of Glory.  Please help us remember, it is not the weapons that will win the war, but it is You.

(5) The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has said it has killed a commander in Hamas’s commando forces who led one of the attacks on southern Israel communities last week, The Times of Israel reported.[12]

When Hamas militants toting grenades appeared in her living room, Rachel Edri served them tea and Moroccan cookies until police stormed in and killed the attackers.[13]

Thank You Hashem for providing Your Hashgacha Pratis, and granting this woman the smarts and the ability to respond in such a way to save her life and  others!

May we be zoche to expedite the redemption already, Biezras Hashem Who has no boundaries to His Chesed.

(6) When Hamas unleashed its attack on thousands of Jews attending a music festival in southern Israel earlier this month, an Israeli Arab paramedic insisted on staying at the scene to try to save lives. In the end, he gave his own.[14]

Thank You Hashem, I thank this paramedic for help us and at the cost of his own life.

(7) Nathalie Sehaik operates a factory producing 10,000 meals a day for soldiers.

“We have many volunteers who come and cook together with us and we send all the food directly to the soldiers on the frontlines,” Sehaik said. “We send sandwiches, hot dishes, cakes, shampoo, toiletries, cigarettes, carbonated drinks, and treats. To continue this effort, we need the support of all donors for food boxes, chickens, and any other donations.”[15]

Thank you Nathalie Sehaik for all your chesed, your help to our soldiers, Eretz Yisrael and all the numerous people who have devoted themselves to help Erez Yisrael in need.

(8) An Israeli K-9 unit is being credited with rescuing over 200 civilians while under fire in communities near the Gaza Strip.[16]

(9) In battles in multiple communities close to Gaza, Israeli soldiers paired with K-9s went on several rescue missions that “rescued hostages, saved lives, and eliminated terrorists who had barricaded themselves in houses,” according to the Israel Defense Forces Spokesman’s Unit.

Thank You Hashem for having special brave people putting themselves at risk and acting in the way You taught us to protect others and save lives with Your Help.

הוֹדוּ לַה׳ כִּי־טוֹב כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ, Thank You Hashem!

(10) Mortar Shells Launched at Israel from Syria, Israeli Defense Forces Say, Mortar shells were fired into Israel from Syria, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) said Tuesday, and a number of missiles landed in open areas on Israeli territory. Israeli forces fired back at the Syrian source with artillery and mortar fire. (no casualties reported)[17]

Please Hashem protect all of us, redeem our hostages without delay, send them Your Clouds of Glory to give them sustenance, protection and direction.

Thank You Hashem for constantly saving us in ways we don’t always know, for protecting us from so many deadly weapons,  providing what our soldiers need, for teaching us how to emulate You, for being our Hashem Elokeinu , Whose attribute is to bestow good on to another.

[1] Rashi on Tehillim 31:16
      [2] Tehillim 31:16
      [3] Tehillim 31:17
      [4] Tehillim 27:11
      [5] Tehillim 136:1
      [6] Rabeinu Bachya, Bamidbar, 2:2
      [7]  https://abcnews.go.com/International/live-updates/israel-gaza-live-updates/israeli-military-has-green-light-to-move-into-gaza-official-says-104133249?id=104049894
      [8] Devarim, 31:6
      [9] https://english.alarabiya.net/News/middle-east/2023/10/18/Israel-says-responding-to-shots-fired-at-its-military-post-along-Lebanon-border
      [10] https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/uss-carney-navy-houthi-yemen-b2432803.html
      [11] https://bulgarianmilitary.com/2023/10/15/israel-has-begun-rapid-deployment-of-the-laser-air-defense-system/
      [12] https://www.business-standard.com/world-news/killed-top-hamas-commando-who-led-assault-on-israeli-communities-idf-123101400516_1.html
      [13] https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-becomes-folk-hero-plying-101946266.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADN5LQBMZoGakycqsZmc4PNk7g0yJrlQym3J5co2rxLFntO4tWjHAuM54tq13fvojJcznv_NuQ3h53cxm8Y_L0rTRJg9XuSyS1BGcWPw51oSB9zTNzvLVPWAYQ5_bCfpqw42465HlzvGKOcg98CX4FH2UlwtXHvLpi3i0FzdL2WC
      [14] https://www.wishtv.com/news/international/an-arab-paramedic-who-treated-israelis-injured-by-hamas-militants-is-remembered-as-a-hero/
      [15] https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/defense-news/article-769159#:~:text=Nathalie%20Sehaik%20operates%20a%20factory,the%20frontlines%2C%E2%80%9D%20Sehaik%20said.
      [16] https://www.foxnews.com/world/hero-israeli-k-9-unit-credited-rescue-over-200-civilians-during-hamas-terror-attack
      [17] https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mortar-shells-launched-at-israel-from-syria-israeli-defense-forces-say/

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Current events Overpowering Yishmael; Shira of Redemption

• You must be logged in to create new topics.