Hallel Inspiration: מָה אָשִׁיב לַהֹ’, כָּל תַּגְמוּלוֹהִי עָלָי

Topic Details and Replies

• Michal 2 years ago

מָה אָשִׁיב לַהֹ’, כָּל תַּגְמוּלוֹהִי עָלָי

How can I possibly repay Hashem, for all His acts of grace to me!

כּוֹס יְשׁוּעוֹת אֶשָּׂא, וּבְשֵׁם הֹ’ אֶקְרָא

I raise the cup of salvation, and invoke the Name of Hashem.

כּוֹס יְשׁוּעוֹת אֶשָּׂא- I raise the cup of salvation.

There is a G’marra in Yoma  that states that Dovid Hamelech will be the one to be Mivarech Al Hakos, the blesser of the cup. 

And  what is the size of this cup of Dovid Hamelech?  It  will hold 221 Gallons!  We know this  since the numeric value of the word רוויה is 221.

The Baalei Machshava says the following  based on a Zohar, on the words, כּוֹס יְשׁוּעוֹת אֶשָּׂא: 

Hashem gives him, (Dovid Hamelech) Yesurim and what does Dovid Hamelech do?  He turns it into כּוֹס יְשׁוּעוֹת, a cup of salvation, of Olam Habbah.  He took all the Yesurim and transformed it into wine of Bracha, כּוֹס יְשׁוּעוֹת.

How should a person achieve such a level?

A Person should say and contemplate these words of Hallel of , מה אשיב לה’

How can I possibly respond to the Ribono Shel Olam?  

May Hashem grant us  the illumination, of the lights of Chanuka to have the constant clarity of our responsibility for  recognition of our eternal;  our never ceasing obligation to The Ribono Shel Olam;  so that we too naturally  transform Yesurim into Blessings as our response to Yesurim as does Dovid Hamelech.      

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Partner with Yom Tov Hallel Inspiration: מָה אָשִׁיב לַהֹ’, כָּל תַּגְמוּלוֹהִי עָלָי

• You must be logged in to create new topics.